President and First Secretary of the ZANU PF Party Cde Emmerson Mnangagwa this week met with a team of specialist economic advisors to the Chinese Government.
The team was in the country to assist Zimbabwe in its economic transformation efforts toward recovery and growth. China has been a key partner and player in Zimbabwe’s recovery.
ZANU PF promised in its 2018 manifesto to re-engage with the world in order to improve the lives of the people and have an upper middle class economy by 2030.
China has availed a $60bn facility to Africa for development projects, and hence the need to harmonize systems and procedures as African countries, including Zimbabwe, work towards meeting standards for Chinese funding.
The visiting Chinese Team will help Zimbabwe prepare projects in areas of infrastructure, industrialization, manpower, skills development both for Chinese funding, for broader national planning. Zimbabwe, China have upgraded relations to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
The point-ministry with the Chinese DRC is the Zimbabwean Ministry of Finance and Economic Development. Interaction will include portfolio presentations by different meetings, all aimed at inputting into the support.
According to the Minister of Finance areas of cooperation which Zimbabwe stands to benefit from include infrastructure development, macroeconomic stabilisation and enhancement of business environment, human capital development and digital transformation public enterprises reform, collaborative research and capacity building, economic modelling regional development and industrial structure transformation through value addition and beneficiation of natural resources.
ZANU PF is working hard to empower the Zimbabweans by opening the country for business, fighting corruption, creating jobs, modernising the public sector, promoting investment, economic empowerment and re-aligning the country to an investor friendly trajectory.
- President meets chinese minister
- Boost for Agriculture sector ….….as World leading agricultural technology company arrives
- Corona virus: a suspected case of biological warfare
- People’s Republic of China PRC breaking all limits
- New ministers sworn-in ….as President Mnangagwa intensifies acceleration towards Vision 2030
- PRESIDENT XI JINPING CONGRATULATES PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA ON 40th INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY
- GVT, AFDB sign US$10.4m grant ….. Funds to be used for tax and accountability enhancement
- COVID19: CHINESE COMMUNITY in ZIM REMAIN STEADFAST IN SUPPORTING ZIM
- Govt, FAO host dialogue on Agriculture
- ZIM@40 BUILDING AND REHABILITATING ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?