She was born Oppah Chamu Zvipange Muchinguri on the 14th of December 1958, and was raised up in Mutasa District's Zongoro Area, in Manicaland Province in the then Rhodesia now Zimbabwe. She has two children ,who are Natasha Rushesha and Tanya Rushesha. She is married to Bishop Anthony Kashiri.
Her political career started at a tender age when she joined the liberation struggle .Upon returning home she pursued her education and has continued to rise through the rank and file,both in the Party and Government.
- October 2017 to Date Minister of Water Resources Development & Climate
- July 2015 to 2017 Minister of Environment, Water & Climate
- 2014 to June 2015 Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development
- 2013 - 2014 Minister of Women’s Affairs, Gender and Community Development
- 2005-2010 Appointed Minister of Women’s Affairs, Gender and Community Development.
- Established the Women’s Development Fund
- Put together the Domestic Violence Council
- Introduced Gender Budget in Government in partnership with Africa Development Foundation
- Championed the enactment of Domestic Violence Bill in Parliament
- Ratification for SADC Gender Protocol
- 2006 - 2009 Appointed Provincial Governor and Resident
Minister of Manicaland Province.
- 1997-2000 Appointed Member of Parliament and Minister of State Responsible for Gender Issues
- 1995-1997 Appointed Deputy Minister of Information Posts and Telecommunications
- 1995-1995 Appointed Deputy Minister Environment and Tourism
- 1990-1993 Appointed Deputy Minister of Political Affairs-External Relations
- 2014 to date ZANU PF National Chairman
- 2014-2017 ZANU (PF) Secretary for Transport and Social Welfare
- 2009- 2014 ZANU (PF) Secretary for Women’s Affairs
- 2009-2013 Member of JOMIC
- 1995 – 2005 Deputy Secretary ZANU (PF) Women’s League
- 1987-to date ZANU (PF) Politburo Member
- 1975-1980 Participated in the Liberation Struggle
- Bachelor of Science Degree in International Relations and Economics (USA)/li>
- Master’s in Public Administration (USA)/li>
- Master’s in international Relations University of Zimbabwe