*Highlights from the 329th Ordinary Session of the Politburo*
◾His Excellency, The President and First Secretary of Zanu PF Cde ED Mnangagwa welcomed members to the 329th Ordinary Session of the Politburo at the ZANU PF Headquarters.
▪The President observed that a number of events continue to take place as we revive the economy.
He named some of them:
– International Chromium Summit
– Mining Indaba
– Unki Platinum Smelter
– Launch of Pocurement Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe
– Launch of the Tripartite Negotiation Forum legislation by The President
▪The President was pleased to have recently hosted The President of Tanzania, President Magufuli. It pleased him that the visit received the wide coverage which it deserved. Tanzania promised Zimbabwe 700 000 metric tones of grain to assist in drought relief
– Challenged the Party to institute reforms to improve it’s work, and mobilization strategies.
– Commended various wings of the party for preaching, unity, love and peace.
– Emphasized the need to fight corruption.
– Expressed the need to encourage and teach people Entrepreneurship so that even the marginalized can benefit
▪The Secretary for Administration, Dr. Obert Mpofu gave a comprehensive and inclusive report on:
– Report on all departments
– State of the economy
– Price Hikes
– Fuel situation
– and measures being taken to curb these malpractises
▪The Secretary for Finance on behalf of the Secretary for Legal Affairs gave a brief on the Inter party dialogue
▪The Secretary for Comissariate gave a brief on the recent high powered delegation sent to China led by the National Chairman cde OCZ Muchinguri Kashiri
▪The Secretary for Information and Publicity, Ambassador Simon Khaya Moyo said the Politburo will reconvene on Monday to ensure that they conclude a number of issues including restructuring in Harare and Bulawayo.
▪The following are confirmed by-elections that will be taking place
*Council by elections:*
-Kadoma Ward 2
-Nyanga South Ward 26
-Masvingo Nikita East Ward 31
-Nkayi South Ward 23
-Tsholotsho North ward 7
– Lupane East Ward 3
*ZANU PF Information Department*