By Margaret Kamba
A delegation is scheduled to conduct a fault-finding mission to Tembwe in Mozambique ahead of the 40th independence celebrations to be held under the theme Zim@40: Defining the Decade towards the Golden Jubilee.
Tembwe Military Training Camp is one of the historic places where more than 3 000 people lie in three mass graves after the November 27, 1977 massacre by the Rhodesians.
According to witnesses a ‘black carpet’ seen by the first people who got to the camp after the massacre was not that of mangled and torn bodies but of vultures. The bombings lasted for four days as the Rhodesians decimated the camp.
The delegation’s mission is to find out areas that need rehabilitation before the work is done by the ZANU PF Mashonaland West Province.
This move is believed will protect and preserve the place wherein lies men and women who died fighting for the liberation of Zimbabwe.
- RELIVING THE HORROR FACED BY FEMALE COMBATANTS DURING THE WAR
- TWO ZANU PF DELEGATIONS IN THE PRC
- Women’s League to attend PAWO Congress
- ZANU PF – CPC strengthen ties.
- ZIM@40: THE SAMORA GENERATION AND THE NYADZONIA MASSACRE PART 2
- 🇿🇼🇿🇼Zim@40🇿🇼🇿🇼: ZIMBABWE’S 40TH INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY AND THE SAMORA GENERATION: PART ONE
- December 12th movement meets Cde Mpofu
- ONCE UPON A TIME…
- DISABILITY IS NOT INABILITY: CDE MUDUVURI
- USING HUMOUR AS A PREVENTION STRATEGY
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?