ZANU PF Party’s implementing agency, Government has been seized with the Corona Virus COVID19 and in order to ensure that all people residing in Zimbabwe are safe.
The 2018 people’s manifesto is explicit in its promise to promote Universal Healthcare Coverage to all people. Government has therefore taken the following measures:
1. Creating systems for National Alertness and rapid response to any suspected cases of the virus
2. Strengthening screening and testing capacities both at various ports of entry and inside the country for early detection and rapid responses
3. Creating isolation centres where suspected cases are examined and or treated safely
4. Contact tracing and screening to guard against the spread through into-country infections and in-country transmissions
5. Reinforcing National Health Systems and institutional framework for an effective response
6. Improving community hygiene awareness and citizen action including self-isolation and voluntary travel bans
7. Information dissemination and general national awareness
8. Creating a Special Fund to enhance measures against the pandemic
9. Trans-national cooperation and collaboration in line with World Health Organisation rules, regulations and pronouncements
10. Encouraging interdisciplinary research into the pandemic for a more scientific understanding of the problem.