By Shadreck Gurenje
President E.D Mnangagwa has urged Zimbabweans to stay guided by the true spirit of Ubuntu in fighting COVID-19 saying the pandemic knows no political affiliation, social or ethnic group.
The call comes after the Revolutionary Party’s First Secretary and President has just intensified the fight against the deadly coronavirus by adding more measures to curb the further spreading of the pandemic.
Giving his opening remarks to the Ordinary Session of the Politburo which is currently underway at the Party Headquarters, President Mnangagwa advised the nation to rebuke opportunists who want to gain political mileage from this health catastrophe and focus on observing measures as instructed by government to help stop the spread of the disease.
President Mnangagwa’s call comes in utmost space after opposition leader Nelson Chamisa has been rebuked by citizens when he tried to turn the global health pandemic into a political show.
“At Party level let us continue to disseminate the correct information about COVID-19 as well as the appropriate message of reassurance and hope to our people.
“Let us always be guided by the true spirit of Ubuntu/hunhu in all our actions and speeches, by rebuking opportunists who may want to gain some perceived political mileage from this health catastrophe.
“COVID-19 knows no political affiliation, social class or ethnic group. We must all stay safe.” Said President Mnangagwa.
The First secretary also urged members of the Politburo to cascade the information of adjusting Party activities according to the wake of the pandemic and assured the nation that during the same period government will ensure that there is continuous supply of grain and essential commodities.
To date more than 340 000 people have been infected globally by the Corona Virus pandemic while more than 14 000 people have since died.
- PRESIDENT CALLS FOR UBUNTU/HUNHU `
- ZANU PF TAKES COVID-19 AWARENESS CAMPAIGN COUNTRY-WIDE
- PRESIDENT SHARES CONCERNS OF HEALTH PERSONNEL: VOWS TO PROVIDE SOLUTIONS
- President intensifies coronavirus fight ….mourns Zim’s first covid-19 victim
- ZANUPF COVID-19 UPDATE
- CHAMISA DOOMED: AS WORLD POLITICAL PARTIES COLLECTIVELY FIGHT COVID-19
- No to armchair leaders: President ED
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE APPLAUDS BOLD AND DECISIVE MITIGATORY AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES ANNOUNCED BY HIS EXCELLENCY THE PRESIDENT OF ZIMBABWE and COMRADE E.D MNANGAGWA IN PREVENTING COVID-19
- ZANUPF to handover COVID19 Donated goods to the Vulnerable.
- COVID-19: PRESIDENT ED URGED PARTY TO BE ALERT
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?