COVID19 HUMAN PROTECTION BAN BEGINS TODAY

COVID19 HUMAN PROTECTION BAN BEGINS TODAY

COVID19 HUMAN PROTECTION BAN BEGINS TODAY

By Margaret Kamba

 

Today marks the beginning of the ban instituted to prevent Zimbabweans from the possibility of Corona Virus which has become a threat to human security.

COVID19 started in the People’s Republic of China after it was believed that the United States of America attempted to derail PRC’s reign as the powerful economy in the world. That attempt backfired as the US has seen its own nationals affected by the virus. The country is set to launch what it believes to be a solution to the virus this coming Sunday perhaps as another attempt to make money from other countries.

Speaking during a press briefing at the State House, the President and First Secretary of ZANU PF, Cde ED Mnangagwa said precautions will be taken to safeguard human life in Zimbabwe.

ZANU PF promised in its 2018 people’s manifesto to promote universal health cover for all while investing in new healthcare facilities in order to ensure universal access to health.

“In the wake of the Corona Virus which is now a global pandemic and thus a concern for all nations and all peoples of the world, we as Zimbabwe have to play our part. We have worked out a comprehensive response strategy, buttressed by strong measures which ensure we remain protected and secure as a nation and in step with appropriate measures being taken by the rest of the world,” President Mnangagwa said.

“While we are still relieved that our country is still free from this virus which continues to spread elsewhere across persons, communities, countries and continents, we stand in full solidarity with all peoples and nations of the world so far affected by the pandemic.

“Travellers from high risk countries are encouraged to postpone their travel arrangements to Zimbabwe for the next 30 days starting from 20 march 2020. Equally Zimbabweans are discouraged from travelling to, through and from high risk countries during the same period.”

President Mnangagwa noted that ports of entry will remain open however with precautions being taken.

“While all our major entry ports into the country will remain operational, screening, testing and other WHO recommended measures will be enforced vigorously. All designated small border crossings will stand closed from now until further notice,” Cde Mnangagwa said.

“Gatherings of more than 100 people, including those for purposes of worship and weddings stand suspended for the next 60 days after which the suspension will be reviewed. We must continue to heighten our vigilance, always acting with care, consideration and compassion.

“Individuals presenting clinical symptoms of the virus must come forward for tests and attention, including embarking on voluntary social distancing and submitting to all other control measures deemed necessary for the collective good.”

The Party rallies and implores Zimbabweans to observe these measures to ensure that the country remains protected against this pandemic in line with the President’s Covid-19 Response Plan.

Hits: 35

Innocent Mapurisa

Leave a Reply

Close