By Margaret Kamba
Zimbabwe has numerous reminders of how the coloniser will never be a friend, says Chitepo School of Ideology facilitator Cde Phillip Vumba.
Speaking during a lecture on National History at the Party Headquarters, Cde Vumba narrated to the participants how the coloniser can never be trusted.
"The Guatemala Land Reform-sanctions scenario relates to that of Zimbabwe and we must draw lessons from it. Despite the obedience of the Guatemala government to follow all the stipulations of United States of America, the sanctions continued. Today while that country has numerous Conglomerates, it's people are very poor, " Cde Vumba said.
"When Zimbabwe embarked on the Land Reform Programme, the country was placed on sanctions and continues to be.
" We must learn that the coloniser will serve only his interests and nothing more. We must therefore build a narrative which can endure and defend the country. We must learn our history and strive to understand who we are."
Cde Vumba challenged each participant to do self introspection into their contribution to develop Zimbabwe.
- No going back on land reform:President ED
- BAAS CLOCKS ONE YEAR OUTSIDE US EMBASSY
- AMERICA IN BRIBING STORM
- ZANU PF welcomes EU move to ease sanctions
- Zim@40: ZANU PF CELEBRATES MILESTONE ACHIEVEMENTS OF UHURU
- #ZIMBABWE@40: CELEBRATING THE FRUITS OF ZIMBABWE’S RE-ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
- ZIM@40, THE MEMOIRS OF A BORN FREE: I WAS THERE…
- THE LAND ISSUE IS IRREVERSIBLE: CDE MATEMADANDA
- President urges youths to embrace agriculture ….. takes swipe at multiple farm owners
- AGRARIAN REFORM: ZIM@40 INDEPENDENCE AND YOUTH REFLECTIONS
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?