By Margaret Kamba
ZANU PF President and First Secretary Cde ED Mnangagwa has called on for ubuntu/hunhu as the fight against Covid-19 virus gathers momentum. There has been a lot of stigmatisation and discrimination occurring as well as racial profiling with regards to this disease.
The President made the remarks during the on-going Ordinary Session of the Politburo Meeting happening at the first time in the Party Hall which is big enough for the observance of social distancing.
Sitting at least a metre and a half apart, the various Politburo members wore their masks and gloves as part of the protective measures the Party is observing following the President’s directive.
“Let us be always be guided by the true spirit of Ubuntu/hunhu in all our actions and speeches, by rebuking opportunists who may want to gain some perceived political mileage from this health catastrophe. Covid-19 knows no political affiliation, social class or ethnic group. We must all stay safe.”
There has been some penchants to politicise the fight against this disease by desperate attention seeking and childish politicians, from among some uncircumcised opposition circles who think that that this disease is platform to gain political relevance.
#Covid-19 is real and requires unity of purpose and not unnecessary theatrics
- COVID-19 knows no political affiliation: President …tasked Party organs to disseminate correct information on the pandemic
- CHAMISA DOOMED: AS WORLD POLITICAL PARTIES COLLECTIVELY FIGHT COVID-19
- No to armchair leaders: President ED
- BUSINESSES RALLY BEHIND PRESIDENT EFFORTS TO FIGHT COVID19
- ZANU PF TAKES COVID-19 AWARENESS CAMPAIGN COUNTRY-WIDE
- #Covid19ZIM Lock Down Day 8: MUST WATCH VIDEO
- PRESIDENT SHARES CONCERNS OF HEALTH PERSONNEL: VOWS TO PROVIDE SOLUTIONS
- More Covid19 Donations…
- ZANU PF expels Tsenengamu ……. Intransigence & disparaging of senior members cited
- President urges Party to be pro-active in Govt affairs …… proclaims 2020 as year of productivity
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?