By Margaret Kamba
ZANU PF President and First Secretary of the Cde E.D Mnangagwa has appealed to businesses in the manufacturing sector to desist from the temptation of hiking prices amidst this health crisis.
A snap survey taken by the ZANU PF researchers has shown that the prices of hand sanitizers have increased with some unscrupulous dealers charging US$5 for a 50ml bottle. While many tips have been shared on how to make one’s own sanitizer, many still rely on buying while others have resorted to using hand washing soap.
Speaking during a press briefing, President Mnangagwa urged the businesses to act as humanly as possible in order to help the country fight through this pandemic.
Corona Virus has killed thousands of people globally and continues to spread like veld fire across the world.
“As we go through these extra ordinary times for our nation, I would want to appeal to our Business community to redouble their commitments towards social responsibilities so we tackle the pandemic together,” Cde Mnangagwa.
“More important, I appeal to those involved in the manufacturing and trading of materials essential in the fight against Corona Virus to resist the temptation of callously feeding fat on the current situation through extortionate pricing. These materials include protective clothing, masks and sanitizers among other items.
“Any evidence of irresponsible corporate misbehavior will leave government with no option but to come down heavily on offenders. We have to behave responsibly in order to protect the public.”
- BE REMEMBERED FOR SAVING LIVES: PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA
- President bemoans Covid-19 related price hikes
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA RECEIVES DONATIONS FROM CORPORATES
- THANK YOU JACK MA: CDE MNANGAGWA
- COVID19 IS NO RESPECTER OF BORDERS
- PRESIDENT WALKING THE TALK ON COVID19 SCREENING
- ZANU PF Joins Covid-19 Battle
- President intensifies coronavirus fight ….mourns Zim’s first covid-19 victim
- UNITY KEY TO WINNING THE WAR AGAINST #COVID19ZIM
- DELTA DONATES ZW$5 MILLION TOWARDS COVID19
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?