By Margaret Kamba
Frontline health personnel’s concerns will soon be addressed in order to protect them as they risk their lives in the line of duty.
Some health workers abroad who were exposed to the deadly COVID-19 died while others had to endure time away from their loved ones in order to protect them.
There have been concerns raised to ensure that they are protected hence the continued efforts by government to acquire test kits and protective clothing for the health workers and the people of Zimbabwe.
“I continue to appeal to all our citizens to exercise social responsibility. Government has released additional resources towards the procurement of safety clothing. We are grateful to the many health services personnel who are at the frontline of addressing this pandemic. Their concerns and those of our nation have been noted and will be addressed,” President Mnangagwa said in his opening remarks.
“I urge us to adjust our lives and the activities of our Party accordingly in the wake of this lethal health threat.”
Meanwhile, the Politburo has endorsed the President’s directive to effect social distancing and avoiding of unnecessary crowding.
Speaking during a Press Briefing soon after the Politburo, ZANU PF Secretary for Administration Cde Obert Mpofu said the Party will begin to implement the directive of working with only skeletal staff with immediate effect.
- President bemoans Covid-19 related price hikes
- LET’S JOIN HANDS FOR THE WORKER’S PLIGHT: Cde JD HUNGWE
- PRESIDENT CALLS FOR UBUNTU/HUNHU `
- ZANU PF Politburo brings changes to Youth league leadership ……Cde Chirau appointed acting deputy secretary for Youth Affairs
- COVID-19 knows no political affiliation: President …tasked Party organs to disseminate correct information on the pandemic
- No to armchair leaders: President ED
- STATEMENT BY THE SADC EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, HER EXCELLENCY DR, STERGOMENA L TAX ON THE INTERNATIONAL WORKERS’ DAY
- DISGUSTING: COVID19 ZIM RETURNEES IN FRESH BIZARRE DEMANDS
- MDC Alliance Workers’ Pay Wrangles Headlines May Day
- #Covid19-ZIM LOCKDOWN #DAY4- Machipisa, Harare
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?