By Ransom Mandhlazi
PRESIDENT E. D Mnangagwa said since all cases of Covid-19 were imported, all returning residents will be subject to strict screening procedures, which will include rigorous enforcement of the 21-day self-quarantine procedure, which must not be breached for whatever reason.
In his opening remarks to the ordinary session of the Politburo, the President highlighted that borders will remain open to essential traffic.
"In-essential travel and traffic, whether in bound or out bound has been banned, all of our boarders will be closed to human traffic, the movement of cargo, will continue.
"The screening of essential traffic will continue to be strictly enforced, in line with best practices and guidelines prescribed by the World Health Organisation (WHO)," he said.
President Mnangagwa added that certificates of Covid -19 fitness especially from countries with high incidences of infections, would greatly assist in controlling the pandemic both inside our country and globally.
He said measures on designated border crossings remain in force.
The country has so far recorded three cases of Covid -19 pandemic, which have claimed one life, Zororo Makamba, with all cases confirmed to have been imported from countries with high incidence of infections.
Zimbabwe is a landlocked country which shares boarders with South Africa, Mozambique, Botswana and Zambia. Of the country's neighbours, South Africa is the hard hit so far with 705 confirmed cases to date, Zambia with three cases, while Mozambique has two confirmed cases. Botswana still has no confirmed cases.
Confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Africa have just surpassed 1400 cases. Over 350, 536 cases have been recorded globally, with 15.328 deaths have been reported since last December, while 100,182 people have recovered.
- SADC member states expand COVID19 fight
- A Global Perspective on Covid-19 Pandemic
- COVID19 IS NO RESPECTER OF BORDERS
- BE SYMPATHETIC:PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA
- Nelson Chamisa Told to Stop Playing Games on Corona Virus
- #COVID19 Daily Statistical Updates per Province – Day 8 #National Lockdown
- Breaking news:Victoria Falls, Bulawayo suspected covid19 cases test negative…. Zim Remains covid19 free
- Our currency our all-weather friend: President
- The role of foreign countries in Zimbabwe’s independence
- Nestle officials pay courtesy call on President Mnangagwa
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?