By Ndafadza Madanha
GOVERNMENT will allocate excess land identified in the Land Audit to youth and women in a bid to empower them and mainstream them into economic activities.
Speaking at a student’s convention hosted by Zimbabwe Congress of Students Union (ZICOSU), in Kwekwe, ZANU PF National Political Commissar Cde Victor Matemadanda, said youths must work towards attaining economic empowerment through participating in various empowerment programmes initiated by Government.
“The Government has carried out the Land Audit and we shall ensure we repossess from those with excess land. We have agreed that Youths and Women must be the major beneficiary of the land. We as the older generation played our part by bringing Independence and it is now your role as the younger generation to fight the economic empowerment war”.
He said youths must strive to benefit from the ZANU PF led Government empowerment programmes as they do not discriminate against anyone on ideological or political grounds.
Cde Matemadanda urged youths to be on the lookout for political leaders who abuse them by engaging them to carry out illegal demonstrations which led to destruction of both public and private property.
“You have a choice to make, whether to participate in demonstrations that destroy property or embrace Government empowerment programmes. When you destroy a shopping mall, what do you think you will achieve other than punishing others and yourself. It is the same people who destroy infrastructure that wake up the following day crying for development. So as youths, be careful about what you do and participate in”.
ZANU PF acting deputy secretary for Youth Affairs Cde Tendai Chirau also echoed the same message expressed by Cde Matemadanda.
Cde Chirau said the young generation had the responsibility to ensure Vision 2030 was achieved through innovation.
He said students must no longer be at the fore front looking for jobs after graduation but must seek to be job creators.
- President hails Women’s League ………describes wing as the heart and soul of ZANU PF
- CDE MATEMADANDA CALLS PEOPLE TO ORDER
- FISH FARMING PROJECT APOLITICAL: FIRST LADY
- Youth League meets Empower Bank officials ….bank disburses ZWL$9m to youth projects
- ZANU PF ENPOWERS
- President restores grain subsidy …..move to arrest rising mealie meal prices
- National Venture Capital Fund launch set for next month ……ZANU PF Youth league upbeat on fund prospects
- THE LAND ISSUE IS IRREVERSIBLE: CDE MATEMADANDA
- First Lady fulfills empowerment promises
- Women’s league sets up 3000 Dutch ovens ….as empowerment programmes intensify
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?