Following repeated threats by the MDC Alliance, its appendages, supporters and external financiers to call for a violent demonstration on the 31st of July 2020 against covid19 Lockdown regulations with the intention to overthrow a constitutionally elected Government, ZANU PF as a revolutionary Mass Party which carries the mandate of the People following its resounding victory in the 2018 general elections feels obligated to make this direct appeal to our people.
As the Ruling Party, ZANU PF advises our people to shy away from being misled onto a deadly path by merchants of death who have no interest on the safety and security of our people and regrettably, those who have no interest in the general welfare of our people.
ZANU PF calls upon our people to reject imposters like the MDC Alliance, a political party which has since its formation thrown the interests of the country and the people to the dustbin in favour of neo-colonial interests which our people and the Party fought to defeat.
As we unpack and unbundle in this special Press Brief, the MDC Alliance and its predecessors, the MDC T and MDC are Trojan-horses and foreign funded creatures whose sole purpose was to oppose, reverse and disturb the land reform programme and undermine economic emancipation and empowerment of our people.
For the record and posterity, the DNA of the MDC Alliance, its appendages, supporters and external financiers revolves on that:
- The MDC and its runner dogs in the evil society were founded and funded by the British’s West Minister Foundation to oppose the land redistribution programme and to delay the complete decolonisation of our country. It was founded not to pursue and advance our people’s and national interests, but those of unrepentant ex-Rhodesians and former colonisers.
- Soon after its formation and in response to the will of their creators, they asked for the imposition of illegal sanctions against this sovereign Republic and the people including their own blind followers, in order to reverse the Land Reform Programme which had been set in motion.
- The same MDC factions today globe-trot liaising for the continuation and extension of the same illegal sanctions which have been roundly condemned by the civilised world as an act of war against our innocent people. This fact cannot be controverted. All these have been done under the false cover of fighting for human rights in order to mislead the international community.
- The same party under the late Morgan Tsvangirai tore apart its constitution to make illegal appointments of two additional vice presidents. These are the people who call themselves democrats yet they have no respect of their own constitution. How can they be trusted to respect the national constitution? Isn’t this daylight hypocrisy?
- As if that is not enough, in 2018, one of the illegally appointed vice presidents violently usurped power following the death of Tsvangirai. To this day, it is a known fact that Chamisa resorts to violence to gain political mileage within the MDCs in full glare of the same western embassies that clamours for human rights but have never uttered a word. He has used hooligans to intimidate opposition players and nearly burnt down his political rival Thokozani Khupe at a funeral. This cannot continue to go unchallenged. Zimbabweans who ignore this violent streak in MDCs will not have anyone but themselves to blame if they follow and pursue violent outfits and personalities. The law will be applied without fear or favour.
- Ahead of the 2018 harmonised elections, Chamisa and his cohorts led a crusade of violent speeches during the campaign, threatening an imminent post electoral violence in direct contrast to President ED Mnangagwa’s call for peace, tolerance, love, unity and violence free elections
- Throughout his campaign, he repeated the infamous anecdote “Ndirikudira jecha musadza racho toona kuti munoridya sei kana ndisina kuhwina,” which literally meant that the MDC would engage in acts of sabotage and make the country ungovernable.” Addressing a rally at Mkoba Stadium in Gweru on the 23rd July 2018, Nelson Chamisa went on to say that, “I will be serious, there will be serious consequences if my will does not prevail.” Addressing a rally at Jerera Growth Point Zaka on 14th April 2018 Chamisa threatened violence again saying, “I will bring into the streets guys from Mbare musika who are ready for violence.”
- Not to be outdone Tendai Biti, the now MDC Alliance vice president while addressing a rally in Mabvuku Tafara constituency on 26 June 2018 declared that, “The alliance will not accept election results if ZANU PF was the winner” threatening violence in the event that ZANU PF won the polls.
- As if that was not enough, on the 1st of August 2018 in the morning, MDC Alliance Youth leader Happymore Chidziva addressed MDC Alliance youths at Harvest House, urging them to engage in acts of violence in the Harare Central Business District and to attack the ZEC offices, the National Elections Command Centre, ZANU PF offices, Government buildings and Fuel Stations.
- All this culminated to the 1st of August 2018 violent protests and demonstrations aimed at stopping the counting of ballots. We remind our people that voting ended on the 31st of July 2018 and before the results were counted MDC had put its hooligans on the streets the following day in order to provoke authorities violently and defeat the purpose of the elections.
- Following the 1st of August 2018 violent demonstrations the Government saw it fit to appoint an international commission of enquiry led by former President of South Africa, Kgalema Montlanthe. The Montlanthe Commission found the MDC Alliance culpable of the loss of life and destruction of property which accompanied the 1st of August 2018 violence as the party was found to be coordinating the violence to overturn the electoral outcome, which the MDC was pretty aware were losing through their polling agents
- It must be put on record that the 2018 harmonised elections were the fairest, transparent, peaceful, democratic elections that any country anywhere could hold. Pronouncements by the MDC Alliance and its leadership that they had won the elections, that they had evidence of manipulation of electoral fraud proved false when this matter came to be heard before the Supreme Court. They had no V11 forms, or evidence as it were. Thanks to the fact that the trial or the hearing of the constitutional appeal of the MDC Alliance was televised
- ZANU PF is aware that all these efforts including the much talked about 31 July proposed violence follows a well-choreographed script proposed by former United States Assistant Secretary of State for Africa, Chester Crocker whose strategy was “Make the Zimbabwe economy scream,” through sanctions and in the process, “separate ZANU PF from the people.” This is the illegal regime change script whose aim is to reverse the gains of our liberation struggle, in particular the land reform programme. The Party and its cadreship will never ever allow this to happen in our life-time!
Further evidence of the violent streak within the MDC Alliance is when on 6 August 2018, Biti said and I quote, “We will make sure Government don’t get a cent, I can’t tell you how but I can tell you we have done it before.”
The same Biti who is now the purported VP of MDCA has recently lived to his promise to deny Zimbabwe any foreign capital by writing to Western capitals and the World Bank for further sanctions to be imposed against Zimbabwe.
The MDC Alliances treasonous disposition found expression during the 14th to 16th January 2019 orgy of violence and looting which they organised in collaboration with known hostile embassies fronted by the US embassy and their evil society. The January 2019 violence were the darest attempt made by the opposition to seize power unconstitutionally through the back door. This will not be allowed to happen again. The disturbances resulted in wanton destruction of property mainly in Harare and Bulawayo largely affecting Small to Medium Scale Enterprises some of which have never recovered from the looting, arson and destruction to this day. This again, will not happen under our watch.
ZANU PF therefore appeals to our people to shy away from being misled by MDC Alliance malcontents whose preoccupation is to see our people and the economy suffer. To fake and stage, ludicrous and drama-laden abductions and to claim non-existent human rights violations such as abductions, rape and torture in order to besmirch the reputation of Government and our Nation is a cardinal and unpardonable sin that these mal-contents have committed.
If the violent activities perpetrated by the MDC opposition were acts done in Europe or the United States of America they would have been branded a terrorist organisation which in fact is what they are, along with their Trojan horses like the Zimbabwe Congress of Trade Union, Crisis in Zimbabwe Coalition and others which depend on foreign funding to promote their anti-people activities.
The MDC is seeking to win and gain through violence what they failed to win through elections. They hope that the fake news which they are spewing out on social media will sway the population in the direction of destruction of their own country. Never and never again!!
ZANU PF appeal to our people to desist from following the path of subversive machinations aimed at destabilising our beautiful and peaceful country.
We encourage our people to continue to observe the lockdown measures as announced by His Excellency the President, Cde E.D Mnangagwa.
Finally, ZANU PF calls upon our structures to remain alert and ready to defend themselves, defend our people, their property and most importantly, defend peace in their communities against these malcontents, hired hooligans and hoodlums who rejoice at burning properties and looting. Indeed, ZANU PF unambiguously reminds our people that self-defence is a right especially when your security is under threat from these violent so called protesters. As long as ZANU PF is the ruling party, I reiterate that violence will never be permitted to revisit our societies the manner it turned out on 1 august and 14 to 16 January 2019.
Pasi ne donga Watonga.