By Shadreck Gurenje
The Ministry of Health and Child Care has said that the country recorded an additional 3cases of Coronavirus to make them 28 cases including 2 recoveries and 4 deaths.
Through an official statement, the ministry reported that the National Microbiology Reference Laboratory yesterday on the 21st of April tested 93 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests of which 3 of them tested positive for Covid-19. The statement further says the results of 65 more samples which were collected yesterday are still pending.
All the PCR tests done in Bulawayo were negative for Covid-19. To date, the ministry says the total number of screening and diagnostic tests is 4159.
The Worldometer today says there are a total of 2,557,994 cases of Covid-19 and 177,688 deaths worldwide. Meanwhile, the World Health Organization continues to advise people to prevent the spread of COVID-19 through cleaning your hands often using soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintaining a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Covering your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Staying home if you feel unwell
- If you have a fever, a cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. Call in advance.
- Following the directions of your local health authority.
- In addition, avoiding unneeded visits to medical facilities allows healthcare systems to operate more effectively, therefore protecting you and others.